The Scholar Innovator Award from the Harrington Discovery Institute recognizes physician-scientist innovators throughout the U.S. whose research has the potential to change standard of care. The award provides research and drug development funding as well as non-financial support to selected innovators and their institutions to help bridge the gap between basic discovery and clinical introduction.
Up to 12 Harrington Scholar-Innovator awards will be made each year through a competitive selection process. Awardees are selected by the Harrington Discovery Institute’s Scientific Advisory Board.
Harrington Discovery Institute is committed to providing Scholar-Innovator awardees with a full level of support, including:
- Up to $700,000 over two years ($100,000 guaranteed)
- Additional funding according to the needs of specific projects
- Project management support through our Innovation Support Center.
Support for innovators includes:
- Consulting services from highly experienced drug development personnel
- Business and commercialization advice
- Clinical development advice
- Regulatory assistance
- IP review and advice
- Assistance identifying and securing additional financial support based on project needs
Clinical research awards are made conditional on applicant meeting the terms of the grant agreement. Please see the Scholar-Innovator Grant Policies for more information.
May 1, 2015
Deadline for Letter of Intent
End of June 2015
RFP to selected applicants
August 3, 2015
Deadline for complete proposals
End of November 2015
Harrington Scholar-Innovator winners notified
For questions about the Scholar-Innovator grants or the application process, please email hdiquestions@HarringtonDiscovery.org.