This year the Johns Hopkins Medicine has committed to recruiting 500 walkers and raising $50,000 for diabetes research, education and advocacy through participation in the American Diabetes Association—Baltimore Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes. The walk will be held on Sunday, October 4, 2015 at the Canton Waterfront Park starting at 8 a.m. The Department of Medicine has a goal of recruiting 225 walkers and raising $25,000.
We are asking that every division and nursing unit identify a team captain. The role of the team captain is to recruit 15 walkers from the DOM, family and friends, and to raise a minimum of $1,750. We hope to have at least 15 team captains registered in the next two weeks. So far we have seven team captains:
- Chenelle Johnson, Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Maria P. Bettinotti, Immunogenetics and Transplantation Immunology
- Hailey James, DOM Chairman's Office
- Calvin Staten, Endocrine/Diabetes Center
- Alison Agrawal, Endoscopy
- Nisa M. Maruthur, General Internal Medicine
- Cookie Moning, Nursing-PCCU
We still need eight more. Together, we can make a difference. Please email Sherita Golden with your commitment to be one of our team captains at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your support!