Please mark your calendars for the 2nd Annual Johns Hopkins University Sleep and Circadian Research Day to be held on Monday, June 27, 2016 in the Chevy Chase Auditorium of the Sheikh Zayed Building at the Johns Hopkins Hospital.
This event will highlight sleep and circadian science research at Johns Hopkins and local neighboring institutions by:
- Providing a venue for new and early career investigators and trainees to present research
- Stimulating, facilitating and fostering interdisciplinary interactions and collaborations across schools, departments and centers at Johns Hopkins and local institutions
Our schedule will include the following:
- Our featured speaker will be Dr. Phyllis Zee, a leading expert on basic and clinical circadian science research. She is a professor of Neurology and director of the Center for Circadian and Sleep Medicine at the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
- Short oral presentations by trainees
- Poster presentations
- Awards for the best oral and poster presentations by trainees
- Lunch and an awards reception
The event is free of charge. We invite all interested trainees and investigators to submit sleep-related abstracts for presentation at this event. New and previously presented abstracts (e.g. SLEEP, ATS, FASEB, Neuroscience, etc.) are welcomed. Details on abstract submission, the full program for the day and registering for the program will be forthcoming.
-The Sleep and Circadian Research Day Steering Committee:
- Jennifer Accardo, MD, MSCE
- Michelle Bridi, PhD
- Luis Buenaver, PhD
- Sharon Kozachik, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Susheel Patil, MD, PhD
- Adam Spira, PhD
- Mark Wu, MD, PhD