It’s that time again…time to head back to school. For those of you continuing to pursue your education, I wish you good luck! It is the decision that will pay dividends down the road. As one of my mentors once told me: time is going to pass by anyway, so you might as well have something to show for it.
The 2016 Scholars Day will take place on Wednesday, November 2 from 8–3 p.m. Register now for up to 40 poster presentations, podium breakout sessions, an interactive panel, continuing education hours and much more!
Here are what some past participants had to say about the 2015 Scholars Day:
- “Very inspiring to see all of the work going on in different sectors of the hospital.”
- “It was an awesome day! I had fun and learned a lot. Thank you!”
- “I thought all of the topics were effective; great learning experience.”
- Scholars Day 2016 Save the Date Flyer: Get creative here! You can hang this flyer up in the break or pass out at staff meetings. Use it to generate the enthusiasm of this scholarly day, while reminding nursing staff you come in contact with.
- Scholars Day Call for Abstracts 2016: This is the application form for poster/podium abstracts. Have you and your team been working on a QI, EBP or research project? Showcase your hard work through a poster or presentation.
- Sohmer Call 2016: This is a $1,000 research award. If you and your group are looking to undertake a research study you know it may cost money. Submit this application to be considered for the monetary funds. (There are typically only a handful of submissions-will you be the lucky winner this year?)
The School Supply Drive was a big success! We collected over 30 backpacks and boxes of supplies for Henderson Hopkins.