The Miller-Coulson Academy of Clinical Excellence will accept nominations for its 2017 class beginning Monday, September 19 until September 30, 2016.
The mission of the academy is to recognize and promote clinical excellence at Johns Hopkins and beyond for the benefit of the individuals and communities that we serve. Since its inception in 2009, the academy has been hard at work establishing initiatives and programs that promote excellence in patient care. The new class of academy members will join the 50+ physician members to continue this important work.
Physicians from all Departments at Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center are eligible and should be nominated by at least five physician peers in order to be invited to apply. In keeping with the academy’s focus on patient care, the eligibility criteria include:
- physicians who are spending greater than 25 percent of their effort in clinical settings
- physicians who have been on faculty for longer than 5 years
Domains related to clinical excellence that you may want to consider when nominating physicians include:
- communication and interpersonal skills
- professionalism and humanism
- diagnostic acumen
- skillful negotiation of the health care system
- scholarly approach to clinical practice
- exhibiting a passion for patient care
- explicitly modeling this mastery to medical trainees
Physician nominees named 5+ times will be notified by the academy in October 2016 and invited to apply. Physicians wishing to be considered for membership will be asked to build a clinical portfolio (specific instructions will be provided) that will be reviewed by both internal and external review committees.
The online nomination form will be available beginning Monday, September 19. To nominate a physician, please click here.
A formal nomination letter is not necessary.
Please contact Kim Williams with any questions: email@example.com or 410-550-0512