The Epic upgrade will take place on February 10, 2019.
Wide Screen View will be the workspace view for Outpatient Encounters
- Wide Screen view reduces clicks and scrolling and provides the best usable Epic experience
- Wide screen view will be the default and the only workspace view
Ordering will be merged into a Visit Task Bar (Outpatient)
- The Visit Task Bar appears at the bottom of the encounter workspace from the moment the encounter is first opened.
- Providers can associate diagnoses, create order panels, select authorizing and cosigning providers, CC results, check interactions, view financial summary, print an After Visit Summary, and sign the visit, all from one location.
- You will no longer place new orders from the Medications & Orders section, but will be using the Visit Task Bar. Other features of the Medications & Orders section will remain, including sorting options for the medication list, and reordering /discontinue buttons.
Order medications with multiple dosages
Providers can place one order for medications with tapers, ramps, or different dosages for different times of the day.
Screenshots of these features can be found here: https://jh.box.com/s/86iw62ff5feoctuguwlwwcg36coitpkg
More detailed information will be coming in future weeks.
Epic upgrade training materials can be found here: https://livejohnshopkins.sharepoint.com/sites/epictraining/SitePages/Epic%20Upgrade.aspx