The Epic upgrade will take place on February 10, 2019.
Epic August 2018 version Upgrade:
- Begins at 2:30 a.m. on 2/10/19
- System will be available to users at 4:30 a.m. 2/10/19
- Production lock down occurs from 2/5/19 thru 2/10/19 - user customization features will be unavailable during this time
- Epic Team Upgrade Command center opened from 2/9/19 thru 2/15/19
- Open for 24 hours on 2/10/19 & 2/11/19
- Open from 7 a.m.-6 p.m. 2/12/19 thru 2/15/19
- Command Center can be reached by calling 410-614-EPIC
- JHH/SOM Ambulatory Command Center
- Open Monday, 2/11/19 through Friday, 2/15/19; 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Command Center can be reached by calling 443-287-5698 (7-5698)
Upgrade Overview Sessions:
- Virtual sessions hosted by Epic training (1/15-2/8)
- Sign up in myLearning
- Sessions recorded and available on the Epic 2018 Upgrade Page
- Supplemental In-Person Sessions in JHOC LL241B
- EpicCare Ambulatory Upgrade Training (Clinical Users)
- No registration - first come, first served
- Thursday, 1/31 from 2 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, 2/6 from 7:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m.
- Friday, 2/8 from noon-2 p.m.
Epic Playground [Training Environments]: Training Environments unavailable between 1/28-2/1 to explore upgrade features
Focus on the Patient with Schedule’s New Look (screenshot available here)
The new schedule activity includes features used in Patient Lists:
- Automatic color-coding for patient status (scheduled, arrived, waiting…)
- Rings around patient photos that visually represent the timing of the appointment
- Column blocks grouping related information (patient name, photo, age and gender)
Screenshots of these features can be found here: https://jh.box.com/s/86iw62ff5feoctuguwlwwcg36coitpkg
More detailed information will be coming in future weeks.
Epic upgrade training materials can be found here:https://livejohnshopkins.sharepoint.com/sites/epictraining/SitePages/Epic%20Upgrade.aspx