Ambulatory - Change to Medication Reconciliation Warning [Effective May 30, 2019]
- Previously, the medication reconciliation requirement was satisfied when the ‘Mark as Reviewed’ button was clicked.
- A qualified user must be the last user to perform medication reconciliation. The updated warning will trigger when:
- Medications have not been reviewed during the encounter, OR
- The last user to review medications is NOT a qualified user (physician, resident, pharmacist, nurse, nurse practitioner)
- If the last clinician to mark the medications as reviewed is an MA, a soft stop warning will display when the provider attempts to close the encounter.
- The provider will not be prevented from closing the encounter; however, the medications will need to be reviewed to maintain medication reconciliation compliance.
Ambulatory - Automatic Closing of Telephone Encounters
All telephone and refill encounters will be automatically closed after 30 days unless they have pended orders.
Ambulatory – Haiku Charge Capture Now Available on Android Devices
- Physicians who use Haiku on Android devices can enter professional charges. This feature is already available to iOS users in Haiku and Canto.
- If a clinician does not file a charge in Haiku the charge is automatically filed 30 days after the service date.
Follow these steps in the Charge Capture Activity:
- Tap the plus button to add a new charge.
- Select one or more charges from a preference list or by searching.
- To enter details that apply to all charges, or to make a copy of a charge that is entered already, tap the more menu in the top-right corner. Tap done to add the selected charges.
- Edit details by tapping a pended charge or swipe left to delete a charge.
- To file, tap the check mark button.
Ambulatory - New Schedule Columns Available for Last Medicare Wellness visit
A new columns displays the date for a patient’s last Medicare wellness visit on the multiprovider schedule.
These columns must be added to the schedule by the user:
- To the right of the name of your schedule click the pushpin to “pin” the calendar
- Select your folder from the my schedule group below the calendar
- Click the gears icon on the toolbar to customize your schedule
- In the search field, enter Medicare wellness from the available columns list. Click “add column”
- Scroll to the bottom of the “selected columns” list and highlight the Medicare wellness entry
- Reorder your column by clicking the arrow icons to adjust the position and click accept
Click here for additional information on Schedule Customization.
Screenshots of these features can be found here.