Ambulatory - Change to Medication Reconciliation Warning [Effective May 30, 2019]
- Previously, the medication reconciliation requirement was satisfied when the ‘Mark as Reviewed’ button was clicked.
- A qualified user must be the last user to perform medication reconciliation. The updated warning will trigger when:
- Medications have not been reviewed during the encounter, OR
- The last user to review medications is NOT a qualified user (physician, resident, pharmacist, nurse, nurse practitioner)
- If the last clinician to mark the medications as reviewed is an MA, a soft stop warning will display when the provider attempts to close the encounter.
- The provider will not be prevented from closing the encounter; however, the medications will need to be reviewed to maintain medication reconciliation compliance.
Ambulatory - Automatic Closing of Telephone Encounters
All telephone and refill encounters will be automatically closed after 30 days unless they have pended orders.
Ambulatory – Haiku Charge Capture Now Available on Android Devices
- Physicians who use Haiku on Android devices can enter professional charges. This feature is already available to iOS users in Haiku and Canto.
- If a clinician does not file a charge in Haiku the charge is automatically filed 30 days after the service date.
Follow these steps in the Charge Capture Activity:
- Tap the plus button to add a new charge.
- Select one or more charges from a preference list or by searching.
- To enter details that apply to all charges, or to make a copy of a charge that is entered already, tap the more menu in the top-right corner. Tap done to add the selected charges.
- Edit details by tapping a pended charge or swipe left to delete a charge.
- To file, tap the check mark button.
Ambulatory - New Schedule Columns Available for Last Medicare Wellness visit
A new columns displays the date for a patient’s last Medicare wellness visit on the multiprovider schedule.
These columns must be added to the schedule by the user:
- To the right of the name of your schedule click the pushpin to “pin” the calendar
- Select your folder from the my schedule group below the calendar
- Click the gears icon on the toolbar to customize your schedule
- In the search field, enter Medicare wellness from the available columns list. Click “add column”
- Scroll to the bottom of the “selected columns” list and highlight the Medicare wellness entry
- Reorder your column by clicking the arrow icons to adjust the position and click accept
Click here for additional information on Schedule Customization.