Inpatient - Antiemetic Order Warning
- A warning appears for PRN med orders, with a reason of “nausea” or “vomiting,” when there is more than one antiemetic ordered for a patient.
- A PRN indication and “order of use” is required to prevent nurses from functioning outside their scope of practice.
- The warning will affect orders for promethazine, metoclopramide, ondansetron and prochlorperazine.
Cardiology/Cupid- Sedation Evaluation and ASA Score to the JHM IRCV Pre Procedure H&P Airway Eval Note Template
The following was added to the SmartText - JHM IRCV Pre Procedure H&P Airway Eval Note:
- Prompts to document the assessment of the heart, lungs and pulses
- A place to document the ASA status
- An attestation statement that the clinician has reviewed the history, medications, allergies and anesthesia history before the completion of the sedation plan
Cardiology/Cupid – Sedation Discharge Instructions For Patients that Have Received Procedural Sedation
- Compliance/Joint Commission requires that “age appropriate” sedation discharge instructions are provided to patients who have had procedural sedation.
- A "Sedation Start" event was added to the Appointment Narrators. When this event is documented, the sedation instructions automatically display in the patient's After Visit Summary (AVS). The instructions are also triggered if a sedation medication is given on the current encounter.
Ambulatory - New CRISP Embedded App and Unified Landing Page (ULP)
- CRISP now launches in the sidebar within the patient workspace upon clicking the CRISP activity.
- It will automatically display the current patient's chart; users do not have to manually search for the patient.
- The CRISP Embedded App displays summarized PDMP views, care alerts and care management information such as overdose notification, advance directives and health records that include results.
Ambulatory - User Preference List Composer Updated
The preference list composer now includes the priority, such as routine or STAT when creating order panels.
***Please note that the priority of STAT will not be available for every order.