All Providers: Epic will be Upgraded on Sunday, July 14, 2019
Here are links to Quick Start Guides and Power Point tutorials to review changes for some users:
- Beginning July 14, 2019, contact the Epic HelpDesk at 410-614-HELP
- Ambulatory Providers
- Inpatient Providers
- Upgrade training materials for other Epic applications are available HERE. The Epic Playground has been updated with the new version; practice login IDs are HERE
Ambulatory Home Split Screen is Being Replaced with the Ambulatory Physician Default Dashboard
- Ambulatory physicians will see the “Ambulatory Physician Default Dashboard” as their default start-up activity when logging in. The split screen, schedule glance on the left and In Basket glance on the right, will no longer display.
- Schedule and In Basket at-a-glance are components of the dashboard. Click on the component headers to open the Schedule or In Basket activities. Customize using the located in the top right of work space.
Social Determinants of Health (SDOH)
- SDOH provides a more complete patient story to help patients at risk of negative health outcomes.
- Includes 10 clinically validated assessments found in the History and Social Determinants sections of the rooming activity:
- Financial resource strain
- Food insecurity
- Transportation needs
- Physical activity
- Social connections
- Intimate partner violence
- Tobacco use
- Alcohol use
- SDOH wheel visible in Snapshot, showing areas of risk
Lifetime – Review Patient’s Lifetime of Care at a Glance
- New activity allows clinicians to quickly get up to speed on a patient's basic medical history, including past events, problems, surgical & medical history and medication therapies
- Access Lifetime from the Lifetime button in Chart Review
- Zoom in on specific time periods, get additional details from descriptive hover bubbles and quickly view a detailed report
Pre-Charting – Get a Head Start on Patient Instructions
Start writing patient instructions in pre-charting before the patient arrives. Pend them during pre-charting and they're automatically signed when you start the visit if there isn't any unresolved content.