**Quarterly Upgrade – December 12, 2019**
Ambulatory: Enter Level of Service without Switching Activities
- Use the Level of Service Taskbar button to enter a level of service from any screen.
- The button caption changes to the CPT code selected, so users can see that an LOS has been entered.
Inpatient/Ambulatory: Prescription Change Requests Now Use Rx Change
- Pharmacies use “RxChange” to submit prescription change requests to providers.
- Providers review the change request in the In Basket Rx Request folder.
- This change applies to all e-prescribing providers.
Inpatient/Ambulatory: Allergies Are Saved if a Hyperspace Session Times Out
- Allergy information is saved when a Hyperspace session times out while clinicians are editing the section.
- The user receives an In Basket message notification and displays the new allergy information.
- The system does not generate a BPA or trigger a patient interaction message which normally appears if they had finished editing the allergy.
Inpatient/Ambulatory: Upgrade Mobile Apps
- Version 8.9 or later is required to connect to Epic August 2019 when using Haiku or Canto.
- To check your current version, go to your mobile device’s settings.
- To update, go to the Microsoft Intune Company Portal (Comp Portal) app or the Workspace One Intelligent Hub (Airwatch) app.
- Click on either the Haiku or Canto app. Click Install to update the app to the latest version.
Ambulatory: Health Maintenance - Vaccine Changes in Epic
- Vaccine sequences in Epic's Health Maintenance will be updated with the new CDSi 4.0 standards.
- Patients will not be required to meet the new guidelines introduced if a vaccine series is already in progress.
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.
Share This Post