Inpatient & Ambulatory: Urgent Epic Notice: In Basket Buttons Temporarily Disabled
- There is an Epic issue with In Basket where responsibility is being passed inadvertently, and without indication. This has resulted in messages with responsibility being marked as "done," and deleted from In Basket, without the recipient noticing.
- This issue impacts 4 message types: Result/Result Note, Patient Calls, Letter Queue and Patient Advice Requests
- The fix will be installed the week of February 10, 2020. In the meantime, several In Basket buttons have been disabled to prevent this problem from further affecting messages. They will be enabled after the fix is installed.
- Forward and Reply buttons are currently disabled
- Here are the alternative Steps:
- To forward a Result or Result Note, you can use the Rslt Note button, then use the routing section to choose who should receive the message.
- For Patient Calls, use the QuickNote button. Enter the recipient in the window that appears.
- For the Letter Queue, use the Comm Mgt button to complete the letter. Check “Route draft” and then specify the recipient(s) you want to route it to.
- For a Patient Advice Request, use the MyCht Enc button. Navigate to the routing section to add a recipient. Anything entered in the “routing comment” section is not part of the medical record.
Note: You can also use the “QuickNote” button, as described in step 2 above. This will keep you in the In Basket instead of entering the patient chart.
Inpatient: Changes to the JHM AD DC SUMMARY SmartText [Effective 2/4/2020]
- Removed: "Recommendations for Next Phase of Care" and "Anticipated Medical Needs"
- Renamed: The "Problems" section is now "Active Medical Conditions/Problem List"
- A column displaying ICD-10 codes to the Problem List
- A section displaying "Active Lines at Discharge"
- A new SmartList for indicating if the patient is discharged to a facility or to home
- If "Facility" is selected, the following sections will be pulled into the discharge summary
- Infection and Isolation status
- AM-PAC Mobility and Activity scores
- Standardized assessments
- If "Home" is selected, nothing additional is pulled into the discharge summary
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.
Share This Post