**Quarterly Upgrade – March 19, 2020**
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Storyboard [NEW LOOK - Effective 3/19/2020]
- Storyboard will replace the Header/Banner and varies based on user role, encounter type/location
- Activity tabs display across the top [old Header/Banner position] and the Storyboard [new Header/Banner] now displays on the left vertical side of the workspace
- Storyboard decreases the amount of scrolling, clicks and jumps within the chart
- “Hover to discover” to expand the display of information and click the key information to edit
- About 68 different Storyboards in total
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Secure Chat Activity [NEW FEATURE - Effective 3/19/2020]
- Send and receive secure instant messages within Hyperspace from your PC and mobile devices [Haiku/Canto/Rover]
- Create conversations/add participants/leave conversations; chat icon turns orange during conversation
- Capture and/or attach clinical images
- Set your availability and autoforward messages
- Messages are purged after 30 days and are not part of the medical record
- For additional info: Clinical Communications and Mobile Devices
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Upgrade Mobile Apps [CRITICAL!]
- Haiku/Canto require iOS 11.0 or later and Android 5.0 or later
- Haiku/Canto 9.1 or later is required to connect to Epic November 2019 [effective 3/19/20]
- Go to Microsoft IntuneCompany Portal [Comp Portal] or Workspace One Intelligent Hub [Airwatch] apps
- Go to Haiku or Canto app. Click install to install to latest version.
- To check your current version, go to your mobile device settings.
Ambulatory: Edit Notes While Cosigning with Attestation [KEY CHANGE - effective 3/19/2020]
Click the pencil icon to edit cosign-required notes during attestation without taking over authorship of the note and without leaving the attestation workflow
Screenshots of the above can be found here.
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.