The 9th Annual Johns Hopkins Critical Care Rehabilitation Conference sponsored by the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation will take place on November 5-7, 2020.
Early rehabilitation of hospitalized patients can reduce muscle weakness, physical impairments and delirium. Yet achieving these outcomes is no simple task. Beyond understanding the science, it requires collaboration and coordination between clinicians who have traditionally worked in "silos." This conference will bridge the interdisciplinary gap from research to the bedside, and bring together clinical experts who are creating a culture based on proactive rehabilitation.
The event will feature:
- Pre-conference “ICU Follow-Up Clinics” on Nov 5, 2020 with a variety of guest speakers from outside of Hopkins
- Two patient interviews on the mornings of Nov 6 and 7 – Pediatric patient on Nov 6 and Adult patient on Nov 7
- Three DOM speakers: Dr. Dale Needham, Dr. Ann Parker, Dr. Alison Turnbull
- Early-bird deadline is June 30, 2020
- There is a 50 percent discount for Hopkins staff, students and faculty to attend
For full registration details, click here.
Abstract submissions for poster and oral presentations are due June 30, 2020
For full abstract submission details, click here.