Ambulatory: Two new columns on MPS for monitoring COVID-19 infection status
- Two new columns for monitoring COVID-19 infection status automatically added to the Multi-Provider Schedule [MPS] to the right of the patient’s name
- R/O Infection: shows an orange warning icon if the patient has an active future/standing order for any COVID tests
- Infections status: displays any active Infection the patient currently has as well as any Infections the patient is being tested for
- To change the placement of the column(s) on your personal schedule, use the gears icon. You can also delete either column by selecting it and clicking Remove.
- Tip Sheet - Schedule: Columns to Monitor COVID-19 Status
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Change to COVID-19 Ordering
- Effective 4:30 p.m. Friday 3/27/20, it will again be possible to order a standalone COVID-19 test. Flu incidence has declined and testing supplies are being preferentially allocated to COVID-19 testing.
- It will still be possible to order the combined Flu A+B/RSV + COVID-19 test, however, when the order is selected the following alternative alert will appear, prompting an order for the standalone COVID-19 test instead.
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Letter Template for COVID-19-Related Work Excuse
- A new letter template is available for patients at high risk for complications from COVID-19 infection, and needing to avoid travel and stay home or work remotely.
- Type “COVID” in the Letter Template Lookup in the Communications activity.
Enterprise: Iphone Providers Using Haiku/Canto without Intune - Hopkins Network Update [Effective 03/30/2020]
- There is a scheduled change to update the enterprise networking wireless server on Monday, March 30 at 6 a.m.
- This change will only impact Personal apple devices that connect to the “Hopkins” wireless network.
- There will be a prompt on your personal Apple device that looks like the screenshot below. Click on the Trust button when it displays and you will be connected to the “hopkins” wireless network.
- This will NOT impact the following systems as they do NOT use the “hopkins” wireless network.
- MyChart Bedside
- Medical Devices
- The New clinical communications (secure chat)
Screenshots of the above can be found here.
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.