Inpatient & Ambulatory: New Haemonetics Information workspace to monitor Haemobank eligibility
- The Haemonetics Dashboard is for clinicians at JHH and JHOC to assist in blood transfusion workflows.
- This dashboard is found inside the Blood Bank Information report which is available via the Ambulatory Snapshot and the Inpatient Summary activities.
Inpatient & Ambulatory: SARS CoV-2 Serum Antibodies order to Quest and Labcorp
- Search for ‘COVID’ => SARS-CoV-2IgG – Quest and LabCorp Only (LAB50357)
- The ordering provider attests whether the patient meets the protocol and is currently symptomatic.
- LabCorp and Quest are NOT accepting this order for symptomatic patients
- Alternatively, if the patient is symptomatic, order SARS-CoV-S1 SUBUNIT IGG AND IGA, SERUM (LAB49760) which is only sent to JHM Resulting agencies.
- FAQs can be found here.
Inpatient: Notify Family button added Message History report
- Clinicians send updates to friends and family of admitted patients through the new Notify Family button.
- Positive results will be communicated by HEIC (Hospital Epidemiology and Infection Control) via push notifications.
- Within the button's submenu a message history report is available to see messages sent within the patients’ current visit.
- Tip sheet: Communication - Send Updates to Friends and Family About an Admitted Patient's Progress
Inpatient: New Illness Severity Column [Effective 5/12/20]
- The Illness Severity Column can be added to the Patient List.
- Initially, the column displays a patient’s illness severity as a ‘dash.’ Click within the cell to update it.
- The link, ‘View/Update Illness Severity,’ can be accessed from the Patient List and within the patient’s chart under the handoff or within the sidebar report.
- A SmartPhrase (.illnessseverity) can be added when writing the handoff and refreshes when the illness severity is updated.
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.