Inpatient & Ambulatory: Haiku/Canto – Mobile Results Notifications:
- Clinicians currently receive mobile notifications for critical action result values in Haiku/Canto.
- Click the “bell” icon to “Opt In” to receive mobile notifications for all result values when placing lab or imaging orders.
- A red number displays above the more button on the Haiku/Canto tool bar.
- To view the list, tap more, then notifications.
- Receive notifications in the summary [inpatient] and snapshot [ambulatory] sections by adding the respective active orders report to the report search field.
- Inpatient & Ambulatory: In the snapshot, select active – IP Orders for Review, scroll to the Post-Discharge section, and click the “bell” on the right – Notify Me
- Inpatient Only:
- In the Summary, select active orders – IP Active Orders, scroll to the Lab Orders section, and click the “bell” on the right – Notify Me
- Alternatively, type Lab Tracking in the search field, scroll to the Lab Orders section, and click the “bell” on the right – Notify Me
- The complete Tip Sheet can be found here.
Inpatient & Ambulatory: COVID-19 Test Order Questions Updated to Increase Clarity for PUI patients
- Three tiers of priority for COVID-19 tests – STAT, Urgent, and Routine
- Is the patient a JHM healthcare worker? If yes, this test is Urgent priority
- Is the patient symptomatic? If yes or Unable to Assess, patient is marked as PUI.
- If no, why is the patient tested?
- If testing reason is "Non-elective admission from a nursing home", "Delivery anticipated", "CT finding", or "To remove from COVID isolation" the patient will be marked as a PUI.
Ambulatory: Arrival COVID Screening Tool via Mobile device
- All patients arriving for face-to-face appointments can self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms 24 hours prior to appointment via their mobile device.
- Patients present with a green [passed the screen-enter without stopping] or red [failed screen] ‘badge’ which they will display, via their mobile device, upon arrival to any outpatient facility. Blue means badge is expired [> 24 hours old].
- If patient arrives without a badge or an invalid badge face to face symptom screening is required.
- The result will also display on the multiprovider schedule and the department appointment report.
- Batch text messages will be sent twice daily; 11 a.m. for morning and 3 p.m. for afternoon appointments.
Screenshots of the above can be found here.
COVID-19 Epic Training Portal link
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.