FYI: Quarterly Epic Upgrade July 16, 2020
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Less Cluttered Problem List [NEW LOOK – Effective 7/16/20]
Labels removed from several button icons reduces wrapping and scrolling in the Problem List section and provides consistency with other locations in Epic.
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Turn off Duplicative Secure Chat Notifications [NEW FEATURE - Effective 7/16/20]
- Update Desktop Notification Settings by clicking on the settings icon in the Secure Chat Activity to eliminate duplicative Secure Chat Hyperspace notifications when using Haiku, Canto or Rover.
- Move the pop-up notifications on the screen and messages will appear in that location moving forward.
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Secure Chat – Opt-In Groups [NEW FEATURE – 7/16/20]
- Users can join an “opt-in” group if they currently do not have the ability to sign into a department or group (e.g. all ambulatory users) to communicate with others at your facility.
- Opt-in groups permit users to receive Connexall alarms and alerts via PC and mobile devices (Haiku/Canto/Rover).
- To create an opt-in group submit a Jira enhancement request to the Johns Hopkins Epic Team or contact your local Clinical Informatics representative.
- The Tip Sheet can be found here.
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Edit Notes While Cosigning with Attestation [KEY CHANGE - effective 7/16/2020]
Click the pencil icon to edit cosign-required notes during attestation without taking over authorship of the note and without leaving the attestation workflow.
Ambulatory: LOS Automatic Speed Buttons [Key Change - Effective 7/16/20]
- Epic automatically creates speed buttons for clinicians who have not set this up on their own. The codes will reflect the users most commonly used levels of service.
- Modify speed buttons by clicking on the wrench:
- Click on the wrench
- Click +Add for a box
- Enter a caption for the button and a level of service
- Click Accept on the Edit LOS Speed Button window
- Click Accept on the Speed Button selection window
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.