Ambulatory: New Colorectal Cancer Screening Health Maintenance
- The five Health Maintenance Colon Cancer screening types have been consolidated into one combined Health Maintenance topic called “Colorectal Cancer screening”
- Any of the five screening types will satisfy the health maintenance requirement
- CT Colonography
- Annual Fecal Blood Testing
- When one test is performed that test is marked as “preferred,” however any tests can be ordered to fulfill the topic
- If the provider clicks “Address Topic” or “Edit Follow-up” to specify more frequent screening, the screening type selected becomes required and only that screening type will satisfy the topic.
- If the clinician changes the frequency back to the default, other choices are permitted to satisfy the topic going forward.
- Any patient who was enrolled in a Health Maintenance Plan previously will be automatically transitioned to the new combination. Any postponements or edited frequencies will automatically carry over to the new topic.
- Patients between ages 50 and 75 will be automatically added to the Health Maintenance Plan.
- Providers can add patients who are less than 50 or over 75 to the plan by adding the "Colorectal Cancer Screening" Health Maintenance Modifier.
- If a patient no longer needs colorectal cancer screening, providers can either discontinue the topic, add the “Not a Candidate” for Colorectal Cancer Screening, or S/P Total Colectomy HM modifier.
Ambulatory: Pre-Procedure COVID-19 testing order added to JHM Ambulatory Preference Lists
- Due to the increasing demand for asymptomatic COVID-19 testing prior to procedures, a new version of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) NAT, NP Swab order was added to JHM Outpatient Preference Lists.
- This version of the order defaults to the common responses to the COVID order questions.
- Move the pop-up notifications on the screen, and messages will appear in that location moving forward.
- Searching "covid" in the orders taskbar displays two options of the NP/Nasal Swab COVID-19 (LAB49627) order:
- The original order, COVID-19 (Coronavirus) NAT, NP Swab, is still orderable
- The new version, COVID (asymptomatic pre-procedural), is a copy of the original order with default responses to the order questions
- These default choices assume that your patient is not a JHM healthcare worker, is asymptomatic, and is being tested for pre-procedural purposes.
Inpatient: Add Additional Procedure CPT Codes
- To resolve the inability for a provider to view or edit the Additional Procedure Codes [the CPT codes submitted for a case in addition to those associated with the procedure], a new section was added to the post-op navigator sections.
- If a provider updates these codes after procedure completion, coders obtain authorization for the updated procedure(s).
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.