Inpatient: JHH Cisco Jabber FAQs
- Cisco Jabber app allows users to call over Wi-Fi through Rover on the new hospital provided iPhones and Haiku on your personal devices
- The change impacts physicians (attendings, fellows, residents), APPS and nurses assigned to a JHH inpatient’s treatment team
- The change also impacts various (though not all) ancillary services e.g. phlebotomy, social work, VAT team, etc.
- Download the app through the Comp Portal on your personal device to receive automatic updates. Install Jabber here.
- Providers must sign-in and associate with their role and treatment team. Tip Sheet is here.
- Do not use assign me – providers will not receive code or emergency alerts and alarms.
- Important notes:
- Epic Secure Chat remains the primary tool for messaging. Jabber functions as your unique phone number while on a Wi-Fi network.
- CORUS will continue to be used for initiating consults.
- Pagers are not yet being replaced.
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Limited English Proficiency Workflow
- All documentation regarding preferred language and need for an interpreter will be completed on the Clinical Information tab of the Demographics activity.
- Access the Demographics Activity by clicking on the Storyboard banner noting a patient’s language-related needs, or by looking up “Demographics” in Chart Search
- Check out theLanguage/Communication Workflow for additional details
Inpatient: Discharge Milestone Trackingto Prevent Discharge Delays
- Automatically track a patient’s progress toward discharge when discharge preparation tasks are completed, such as completion of discharge medication reconciliation and entry of the Patient Ready for Discharge order.
- View the discharge status from the Patient List by adding the “Discharge Milestone Progress” column to your Patient List or view from the Discharge Navigator
- Providers can document within the milestone section
- The Tip Sheet is here.
Inpatient: “Requested Unit” in Admission Order
- To help guide placement of patient populations who typically reside on a particular unit, the “Requested Unit” field was added to admission orders
- This is not a guarantee of placement and is not a required field
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.
Share This Post