If you bill for outpatient office visits, please be sure to attend one of the two Evaluation and Management (E&M) 2021 Town Hall meetings:
- September 25, 7:45-8 a.m. (before MGR)
- October 9, 9-9:15 a.m. (after MGR)
These preview big changes coming to E&M documentation that are effective Jan. 1, 2021, resulting from the AMA’s “Patients over Paper” initiative.
Zoom Access: https://jhjhm.zoom.us/j/99398880075
For more information, click here.
Key elements of the E/M office-visit overhaul include:
- Eliminate history and physical exam as elements for code selection
- Allow physicians to select codes based on medical decision-making (MDM) or time
- Redefine current medical decision-making criteria
- Redefine time-based coding to include ALL time invested on the date of service, including chart review and documentation time