Quarterly Epic Upgrade: October 3, 2020
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Rover version 9.4 Enterprise Changes
- Check for the version number at the bottom of the login window.
- Review the Cross-App Rover Upgrade vMay 2020 PPT for more information.
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Update Haiku / Canto to version 9.3
- Haiku /Canto version 9.3 or later is required to connect to Epic vMay 2020.
- Haiku /Canto version 9.3 requires iOS 12.0 or later OR Android 6.0 or later. Go to your mobile device settings.
Inpatient & Ambulatory: New “Release Results to Patient” Questions
- Per the Information Blocking rules of the 21st Century Cures Act [effective November 2,2020], test results must be released to patients through MyChart as soon as they are finalized.
- The new questions are available a month prior to familiarize providers with the immediate release functionality.
- The questions display when placing orders to indicate whether a final result is to be released to MyChart Immediately [default] or Manual Only.
- If the ordering provider chooses manual release, two required questions display to document the reason.
- More information about the 21st Century Cures Act can be found here.
- Review the Results Release tip sheet here.
- Review the Notes Release tip sheet, to be implemented on 1/4/21, here.
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Access to All Provider Learning Home Dashboard
View the All Provider Learning Home dashboard from anywhere in Hyperspace by pressing F1 on the keyboard.
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Auto-Forward Messages to a Group
Auto-forward your Secure Chat messages to a group by opening Secure Chat, clicking the gear icon and selecting “Auto-Forward Messages.”
Screenshots of the above can be found here.
COVID-19 Epic Training Portal link
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.