This year, the JHM Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Health Equity is partnering with the Housing Authority of Baltimore City Resident Services, Inc. to support this holiday gift drive. The purpose is to provide Christmas gifts to selected public housing and Housing Choice Voucher children who may otherwise go without them. This project has been in existence since 2004 and has provided gifts to over 1,000 children ages 0 to 12. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are requesting only gift cards this year.
Sign up here to purchase a gift card.
If you would like to adopt a child or if your department would like to adopt a family, please use this link.
Please read these important notes before signing up:
- Although we are not specifying amounts of the cards, we are asking for minimum values of $25. This will allow the families some flexibility to purchase great gifts for the kids.
- Gift Card Recommendations: Walmart, Target and Visa/MC are preferred. Most of these families do not have access to the internet and cannot utilize e-gift cards or Amazon and similar retailers.
- Gift cards can be mailed or dropped off at our office, and must be received by Wednesday, December 16 to allow us time to deliver them to the families before Christmas.
- Mail to: Tamala Knox (GLP) 1620 McElderry Street, Suite 425 Baltimore, MD 21205
- Drop off in-person to our office (Wednesdays only): 1620 McElderry Street (Reed Hall) 4th Floor, Suite 425 Baltimore, MD 21205
- Drop Off days:
- December 2
- December 9
- December 16
- Drop Off days:
- Ensure that gift cards or the mailing card envelopes are labeled with the number assigned to the family.
- Any questions, contact Tamala Knox at Tamala.Knox@jhmi.edu
All gift cards must be received by Wednesday, December 16.