Ambulatory: Telemedicine => Provider Late Button
- When “running behind” for your next telemedicine visit click the “Events” tab and select “Provider Late”
- The “Provider Late” button sends an automated text to your patients
- After selecting “Provider Late” a confirmation screen will display. Click “File Event” to send the text
- Find more Telemedicine Troubleshooting tips here on the Epic Training Portal
Ambulatory: COVID-19 Self-Scheduling
- Patients can self-schedule their symptomatic COVID-19 tests via MyChart after an order has been placed and a scheduling ticket has been generated.
- Tip Sheet for patients: Scheduling My COVID Test Via MyChart
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Dragon Updates
- You can now switch to another microphone from the Dragon Bar menu without logging out
- A red microphone button will indicate that Dragon is not paired with a standalone microphone
- When Dragon is paired, but the microphone is off, the button will now be aqua in color
- There is a new teal color for the Login and Logout screens
- The update includes several bug fixes, described here: Dragon Medical One 2020.4 Release Notes, 126.96.36.199
- Tip sheets reviewing basic and advanced use of Dragon can be found here: Clinical Communications Training Portal
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Secure Chat Update
- The recipient's availability displays more prominently in Secure Chat, suggesting for the sender to contact someone else if unavailable.
- In Hyperspace, an icon representing the user's availability status appears directly next to their name/photo.
- In both Hyperspace and on mobile devices:
- A user's availability status is highlighted with its corresponding color, making the users availability easier to see.
- A banner appears at the bottom of a conversation that indicates which participants are unavailable or busy.
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.