Inpatient & Ambulatory: COVID-19 Vaccine EUAs
- COVID-19 Vaccine EUAs are available under Patient Education button on the Epic toolbar
- For more COVID-19 resources, please visit the COVID-19 page on the Training Portal
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Changes to Interpretation Services Used/Refused Smartlist & Smartphrases (Effective 1/26/21)
The following phrase has been removed from the INTERPASSIST, INTERPRETERASSIST and QBSASSIST SmartPhrases, as well as the Interpretation Services Used/Refused SmartList:
- "The 'patient' (or guardian, etc.) expressed understanding of the clinical communication provided using the qualified language service provider"
- Rationale: Ascertaining understanding is not standard of practice in all situations, and prompting documentation of this with patients needing interpreters, but not other patients, could be construed as bias
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Deleted Notes Excluded by Default [Effective 1/26/21]
- Deleted notes will no longer display by default on the Notes tab of Chart Review
- If a user wants to view a deleted note, unselect the "Default" filter checkbox
- A new hover text has been added to the "Default" filter checkbox that reads, "Excludes deleted and Plan of Care notes"
Ambulatory: JH Affiliation Column Added to the Multiprovider Schedule
- This column displays when users are logged into the COVID-19 vaccine clinic departments
- Users quickly see if the appointment is for a Johns Hopkins Employee and/or student
- Users logged into departments, other than COVID-19 vaccine clinics, can manually add the column here
vaccinations, was added under the Epic button.
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.