The Miller Coulson Academy of Clinical Excellence will accept nominations for its 2021 class Monday, January 11 - Friday, January 22, 2021.
The mission of the academy is to recognize and promote clinical excellence at Johns Hopkins and beyond for the benefit of the individuals and communities that we serve. Since its inception in 2009, the academy has been hard at work establishing initiatives and programs that promote excellence in patient care. The new class of academy members will join the 80+ clinician members to continue this important work.
Clinicians from all departments at Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center are eligible. Faculty clinicians that have been nominated 6+ times may be invited to apply. Nominees who have at least two nominations from beyond their own department will most likely be invited to complete the application process. In keeping with the Academy’s focus on patient care, the eligibility criteria include:
- Clinician nominees must spend greater than 30 percent of their time in direct patient care
- Clinician nominees must be employed at Hopkins for more than 5 years (not including years in training)
Domains related to clinical excellence that you may want to consider when nominating clinicians include:
- communication and interpersonal skills
- professionalism and humanism
- diagnostic acumen
- skillful negotiation of the health care system
- scholarly approach to clinical practice
- exhibiting a passion for patient care
- explicitly modeling this mastery to medical trainees
Nominees will be notified by the academy in February. Clinicians wishing to be considered for membership will be asked to build a clinical portfolio (specific instructions will be provided) that will be reviewed by both internal and external review committees.
To nominate a clinician, please click here. Online nominations can be submitted through January 22, 2021.
Each person is permitted to SUBMIT ONLY ONE NOMINATION.
A formal nomination letter is not necessary.
Please contact Kim Williams with any questions: email@example.com or 410-550-0512