Ambulatory: COVID-19 Pre-Procedural testing => PFT Orders
- For ease of ordering COVID-19 pre-procedural testing 72 hours prior to PFTs, new Order Panels pair a COVID-19 order with a PFT order.
- First, patients call to schedule their PFTs, and then call to schedule a COVID-19 test.
- The scheduling phone numbers will display in the AVS after the orders are placed.
Ambulatory: Update to POCT KOH, WET PREP (VAGINAL)
- Manual result entry, for POCT KOH, WET PREP (VAGINAL) [POC10114], requires users to select each result value from a pre-determined list of choices. Free-text is no longer an option.
- The pick-list options include "Absent/Present" or "<=10/>=10" depending on the item.
Inpatient: Delirium Screen, Hospital Problems, and Surgery Information Added to Summary Overview [Effective 2/9/21]
- The new Delirium Screen tile displays to the right of the Vital Signs and above the Care Alerts.
- The Hospital Problems list, which is already active, displays to remind providers to update it.
- The new Surgery Information tile replaces the Treatment Team tile due to redundant information.
- The Treatment Team is removed as it is a component of the Storyboard (expandable by hovering).
- A Procedure tile replaces the Treatment Team and displays only if procedures have or will occur during admission.
- To improve continuity of care, a hyperlink to the Procedure encounter displays for Intra-op documentation.
Inpatient: Charge Reconciliation - Patients and Corresponding Charges
- Inpatient providers can view all charges placed for patients on their service via a new report. Providers should contact billing administration to correct any missing or incorrect charges.
- Chart Search [in Storyboard or below Log Out button] for “My Reports.”
- Click the Library tab and search for “Inpatient Note Charge Reconciliation – Notes With & Without Charges for Specified Bill Area from Today and Yesterday.”
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.
Share This Post