Ambulatory: Epic Efficiency Series
The Epic Sprint team is hosting the Epic Efficiency Webinar Series targeted to ambulatory providers. The webinars are held virtually via Zoom on the 1st Wednesday and 4th Thursday of the month.
- To receive future webinar notifications about various Epic topics, subscribe by sending an email to email@example.com. In the Subject line enter “subscribe epic-efficiency-series LastName, FirstName”
Next webinar: “Get OUT of the office on time using IN Basket best practices”
Learning Objectives: Without leaving the In Basket, navigate components within the In Basket, personalize In Basket set up, and complete In Basket tasks
- When: Thursday, April 22,2021 12:00 PM-1:00 PM
- Where: Zoom via computer=> “Join with computer audio” using the link below:
- Or call in:
Call in #: 646-558-8656
Meeting ID: 410 735 6227
Smart Phone one tap dial: +16465588656,, 4107356227#
- Qualifies for ONE AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s) TM
Note: CME credit is available for live viewing only. Sessions will be recorded and posted on the Mastery Training tile of the Epic Training Portal.
Ambulatory: Telemedicine Hot Topics – States of Emergency Telehealth Services Expiring [Data as of 4/15/21, 3 PM]
- Emergency orders/states of emergency are starting to expire in many states. This impacts provider’s ability to perform telemedicine visits for out-of-state patients.
- Delaware: unless you are a mental health professional (psychologists, mental health counselors, chemical dependency professionals and social workers) or currently hold a professional license issued by the State of Delaware, per the Division of Professional Regulation, telehealth visits with patients located in Delaware are no longer permitted.
- Washington, D.C.: telehealth practice with established patients has been extended and is set to expire on 5/15/21 [allows for 60 day grace period to wind down patient visits following waiver expiration date]
- Pennsylvania: the licensure waiver for Pennsylvania telehealth practice is set to expire 5/20/21
- Florida: expires 4/26/21
- New Jersey: expires 6/30/21
- New York: expires 5/6/21
- Refer to legal FAQs for information related to individual state waivers and licensing requirements
- Direct general questions to JHM Telemedicine or legal-specific questions to Telemedicine Legal
Inpatient & Ambulatory: New Communication Tools within the Epic Menu [Effective April 27th, 2021 – JHM – All Users]
- Click on the Epic drop down menu to find the "Communication Tools" menu
- The ‘Signed In’ Staff report for your entity, Sign in Tools, Qgenda, and a link to the Clinical Communication Training Portal page are included
- Note: Some items have been relocated from the "Help" menu to the Communication Tools menu
Inpatient: VTE Reassessment Alert
- An alert appears for patients whose VTE risk has not been assessed / reassessed in the last 4 days
- Click on the blue “Open VTE Assessment Navigator” to reassess the patient
- Click on Open VTE OrderSet to place new prophylaxis orders, if warranted
- This alert was created under the guidance of the VTE Prevention Collaborative, led by Drs. Michael Streiff and Elliott Haut.
- More information about assessing VTE risk can be found here: Adult VTE Assessment and Order Set and Pediatric VTE Assessment and Order Set
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.