As part of the University’s ongoing commitment to employee engagement and professional and career development, I am pleased to share we will implement myPerformance, an enterprise-wide performance management process and online system within DOM. myPerformance creates a consistent framework for personal and professional growth that:
- Emphasizes feedback and having honest, developmental conversations that focus on performance strengths and opportunities
- Supports leaders and employees in having performance conversations
- Helps employees to find these performance conversations productive and useful
- Supports these conversations with a simple to use, online tool
Approach to Implementation:
The FY21 myPerformance implementation:
- Includes all full-time, part-time, benefits-eligible staff; faculty supervisors will use the process and system to evaluate staff who report to them
- Uses a common review cycle that runs from October 1st through September 30th
- Will initially use a condensed schedule that includes Goal Setting and the Annual Review; subsequent cycles will include Goal Setting, Midyear Review, and Annual Review
To introduce you to the myPerformance process and tool, you will initially complete two trainings:
- Developing Your Goals – an online course, (about 20 minutes), please complete by Friday, April 30, 2021
- Overview of myPerformance Process and System Demo – a recorded session, (about 45 minutes), please complete by Friday, April 30, 2021
- The Developing Your Goals and Overview of myPerformance Process and System Demo sessions have been added to your learning plans in myLearning and will be active starting Monday, March 15, 2021. Once you click on the course links, they will move to your learning history. You will still be able to access them from your learning history.
To access myLearning and complete the courses:
- Go to: http://learning.jhu.edu and log in with your JHED ID and password.
- Click the “My Learning Plan” button. You will see all active enrollments.
- Please ensure your popup blocker is turned off.
Goals should be reviewed with supervisors and entered in the system by Friday, May 14, 2021. For the initial cycle – set 1-2 performance goals and at least 1 professional development goal.
In addition to the above trainings, supportive Giving and Receiving Feedback sessions will be available for managers and employees prior to the Annual Review. Details about these sessions will be communicated to you at a later date.
Please contact Anne Moore, Senior Organization Effectiveness Consultant, at email@example.com, if you have questions regarding the training or implementation. Thank you for your partnership as we implement myPerformance in your area.