Ambulatory: Epic Efficiency Series
The Epic Sprint team is hosting the Epic Efficiency Webinar Series targeted to ambulatory providers.
The webinars are held virtually via Zoom on the 2nd Thursday and 4th Wednesday of the month.
To receive future webinar notifications about various Epic topics, subscribe by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Subject line enter “subscribe epic-efficiency-series LastName, FirstName”
Mark your Calendars for the Next webinar: “DIY Epic Reporting: Workbench and SlicerDicer”
- Learning Objectives: Quickly scan Chart Review by creating filters, customize and reorganize tabs
- When: Thursday, May 26, 2021 Noon-1 p.m.
- Where: Zoom: https://jhjhm.zoom.us/j/4107356227
- Qualifies for ONE AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s) TM
Note: CME credit is available for live viewing only. Sessions will be recorded and posted on the Mastery Training tile of the Epic Training Portal.
Ambulatory: Medicare and Annual Wellness Visit Updates
- The Medicare Wellness Visit (MWV) or Annual Wellness Visit (for patients over 65 w/o Medicare) are screenings dedicated to annual preventive care and risk assessment, benefit all Medicare beneficiaries, and are covered by some commercial payors.
- Summary of updates:
- The Health Risk Assessment (HRA) moved from ‘Pt Intake’ into its own section in the Rooming activity.
- The MWV section displays for patients who are due and displays historical data as a flowsheet.
- The updated questions improve simplicity and patient understanding.
- Duplicative Falls Risk, Depression screening, and Social Determinants of Health questions are documented once and are pulled into other sections where the same questions apply, assisting providers with documentation related to patient responses on the new Health Risk Assessment (HRA).
- The SmartSet is updated to include additional suggestions for visit diagnoses based on HRA responses.
- The tip sheet is available HERE and the Questionnaire Job Aid HERE. A recorded webinar describing the changes can be found at: Whole Health Assessments & Annual Wellness Visits
Ambulatory: “Patient Intake” screening questions split into individual sections
- Pain Documentation: displays only for regulated clinics
- Comm/Learning: displays for everyone
- Medicare Wellness (MMV): displays only when a Medicare Wellness Visit is due
- Fall Risk: displays in regulated space for patients 18+ years old and in unregulated space for patients 65+ years old
- Depression Screening: displays only for patients 18+ years old
Ambulatory: Telemedicine Hot Topics – States of Emergency Telehealth Services Expiring [Data as of 5/4/21, 6 PM]
- Emergency orders/states of emergency are starting to expire in many states. This impacts provider’s ability to perform telemedicine visits for out-of-state patients.
- Delaware: unless you are a mental health professional (psychologists, mental health counselors, chemical dependency professionals and social workers) or currently hold a professional license issued by the State of Delaware, per the Division of Professional Regulation, telehealth visits with patients located in Delaware are no longer permitted.
- Washington, D.C.: telehealth practice with established patients has been extended and is set to expire on 5/15/21 [allows for 60 day grace period to wind down patient visits following waiver expiration date]
- Pennsylvania: the licensure waiver for Pennsylvania telehealth practice is set to expire 5/20/21
- Florida: extended through 6/27/21
- Providers are encouraged to obtain a Florida Telemedicine Registration to continue to see patients once the waiver expires. A tip sheet for this process can be found here.
- This license is no cost to you; however, some states may require a fee to send Florida proof of your existing licenses. The typical turnaround time is 1-2 business days.
- New Jersey: expires 6/30/21
- New York: extended through 5/25/21
- Refer to legal FAQs for information related to individual state waivers and licensing requirements
- Direct general questions to JHM Telemedicine or legal-specific questions to Telemedicine Legal
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.