We are excited to announce the start of our new continuous strategic priority planning initiative for the DOM Office of Education.
We are seeking faculty, fellows and residents who are interested in participating as committee members or a committee chair in the development of 3-5 actions and a recommended implementation plan that would advance one of the Office of Education strategic priorities. In addition to creating strategy for the department, participants will have the optional opportunity to engage in scholarship and educational program building. The committee will announce their findings during Medical Grand Rounds.
Our first committee will focus on Strategic Priority:
(#3) Prepare all DoM learners to care for patients across all clinical settings
For more details, please check out the Request for Action – Strategic Priority 3
More About the Strategic Priority Initiative
Every six months, the Department will release an all-call to form a committee for the strategic priority(ies) of focus for that cycle. For committee members, the anticipated commitment will be 6 months with, on average, a 1-hour bi-weekly commitment.
We recognize the impact that the strategic direction of the Office of Education will have across many areas, and we strive to create a diverse and inclusive committee that represents all members of the team. We appreciate experience and expertise related to the strategic priority above, but encourage any who are eager to think creatively, learn, and be involved to apply to be on the committee.
Department of Medicine Strategic Priorities
- Foster a diverse and inclusive learning environment rooted in respect in which everyone feels part of the community
- Ensure all DoM learners have outstanding clinical skills
- Prepare all DoM learners to care for patients across all clinical settings
- Prepare and enable faculty to participate in the teaching mission
- Create best possible educational programs by leveraging the collective strengths of Bayview and JHH
- Create a learning environment that promotes well-being
- Promote and support scholarship among our trainees
For questions, please contact Dr. Sanjay Desai, Vice Chair for Education at firstname.lastname@example.org