Ambulatory: Mark your Calendars for the Next Epic Efficiency Series Webinar:
“In Basket: Focus on Patient Calls and Patient Advice Request”
- When: Wednesday, September 9, 2021, 12:00 PM-1:00 PM
- Where: Zoom => “Join with computer audio” using this link: https://jhjhm.zoom.us/j/4107356227
- Qualifies for ONE AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s) TM
Note: CME credit is available for live viewing only. Sessions are recorded and posted on the Mastery Training tile of the Epic Training Portal.
Ambulatory: Result Note Tips
- You can add a MyChart comment without routing a note
- Click “Do not show me this again” to suppress the routing alert.
- No results are selected by default when you open the Result Note activity. Select the results you want to reference in your note and/or MyChart comment.
- Quick filter buttons are available to select All, None, Abnormal, or Unreviewed results.
- QuickNotes display in Chart Review
Your notes and comments always appear with the result in Chart Review. If you select the “Also file Result QuickNote” checkbox, your Result note will also appear in the Notes tab of Chart Review.
Ambulatory: Colon Cancer screening updates
In accordance with revised USPSTF recommendations, the Colon Cancer Screening Health Maintenance topic now automatically appears starting at age 45 years.
Ambulatory: Follow-Up in Primary Care Order [Effective on 9/14/21]
- The Follow-Up in My Clinic order allows users to customize frequently used orders, place multiple Follow-ups at once, and in some instances, allows patients to self-schedule via MyChart.
- Copy your customized versions of the “Follow-Up in My Clinic” order to the new version during the 9/14/21-9/21/21 overlap period. Old versions will be removed from Epic on 9/21/21.
Ambulatory: Telemedicine Hot Topics – States of Emergency Telehealth Services Expiring [Data as of 8/31/21, 5 PM]
- The National Public Health Emergency [PHE] has been extended until ~10/19/21. Emergency orders/states of emergency have expired in many states effecting provider’s ability to perform telemedicine visits for out-of-state patients:
- Delaware: expired on 6/30/2021
- Florida: expired 6/27/21
- Maryland: expired on 8/15/21
- New Jersey: emergency licenses expired 6/30/21; Temporary licenses extended to 9/30/2021
- New York: expired 6/25/21
- Pennsylvania: expires on 9/30/21
- Washington, D.C.: The licensure waiver is extended to 9/26/21
- Refer to legal FAQs for information related to individual state waivers and licensing requirements.
- Direct general questions to JHM Telemedicine or legal-specific questions to Telemedicine Legal
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.