Epic Upgrade and Beaker Go-Live November 6, 2021 [Lab Application]
Epic Upgrade Personalization Freeze
- Epic personalization is unavailable between 11/3/21 and 11/6/21.
- The freeze will end immediately after Epic becomes available on Saturday, 11/6/21.
- Tip: You can continue to create user SmartPhrases during the Personalization Freeze. Review the blog post here.
Below are upgrade key slides of interest, worth reviewing, in the attached PowerPoint slide decks:
Lab Orders & Results
Changes to Placing Orders in Epic
- Beaker CP [clinical pathology] is replacing “Soft” and the current lab information system (LIS) for clinical pathology specimens, including microbiology, chemistry, hematology, urine chemistry, and coagulopathy tests.
- Beaker CP provides consistent ordering, identification, organism names, and antimicrobial reporting/screening rules.
- Changes to order workflows will occur with:
- Consolidation [Beaker Slides 4-7]
- Source/type [Beaker Slides 9 & 10]
- Personal preference lists/Ordersets [Beaker Slide 15]
- Lab order default source/types are removed and need to be reset by individual user.
- No replacements are made for deactivated lab orders removed from personal Ordersets or User Preference lists.
- An In Basket message will be sent with directions to order replacement tests for deactivated Standing orders that have been canceled.
- Research specimens will be consolidated to one order/container type.
- Pending result components [Beaker Slides 19 & 20]
- Please review the blog post here.
Mark your Calendars for the Next Epic Efficiency Series Webinar:
- “November 6th Upgrade Review"
- When: Thursday, October 27, 2021, 12:00 PM-1:00 PM
- Where: Zoom => “Join with computer audio” using the link: https://jhjhm.zoom.us/j/4107356227
- Qualifies for ONE AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s) TM
Note: CME credit is available for live viewing only. Sessions are recorded and posted on the Mastery Training tile of the Epic Training Portal.
Refining Reason for Visit and Visit Info Fields
Ambulatory Slide 11 & 12
Medical Devices Included in Care Everywhere
Ambulatory Slide 15
Edit, Delete, and Change Diagnoses from Associate Diagnoses Window
Ambulatory Slide 21
Rearrange Preference Lists
Ambulatory Slide 23
Orders Only Encounter Button in Rx Response Folder
Ambulatory Slide 32
Inpatient & Ambulatory:
Treatment and Care Teams Activity has a New Look
Inpatient Slide 7 / Ambulatory Slide 17
Patient Station Updates
Inpatient Slide 5 / Ambulatory Slide 20
Home Medications & Prior to Admission Medications
Inpatient Slides 19-21 / Ambulatory Slide 18
Enhanced Schedule II Prescription Orders
Inpatient Slide 29 / Ambulatory Slide 26
Easier Navigation between Workspaces
Inpatient Slide 33 / Ambulatory Slide 28
Rearrange Preference List Sections
Inpatient Slide 34 / Ambulatory Slide 23
Update Haiku & Canto to version 9.8
Inpatient Slide 38 / Ambulatory Slide 39
New Workflow to Add-On Orders – Beaker CP
Inpatient Slides 15-17 / Beaker Slides 12 & 13
Event Log Replaces Inpatient Synopsis
Inpatient Slides 8 & 9
Toggle between Ordering Activities w/o Saving/Discarding Unsigned Orders
Inpatient Slide 22
Admission Medications during Discharge
Inpatient Slide 23
Edit/Addend Notes from Chart Review
Inpatient Slide 25
Edit Multiple Orders at Once
Inpatient Slide 28
Preserve Offset Start Times for Signed and Held Orders
Inpatient Slide 31
COVID-19 Epic Training Portal link
For more Epic Upgrade Tips, click here.