*** FYI: Epic Upgrade March 17, 2022
Epic Upgrade Personalization Freeze
- Epic personalization is unavailable between 03/14/22 and 03/17/22. More to come in March 4th blog post.
- The freeze will end immediately after Epic becomes available on Thursday, 03/17/22.
- Tip: You can continue to create user SmartPhrases during the Personalization Freeze. Review the blog post
- Mark your calendar for an EpicCare Ambulatory Upgrade Webinar on March 10, 2022, Noon-1 p.m. hosted by Danny Lee, MD. More to come in the March 4 blog post.
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Patient-Reported COVID-19 Test Results
- Patients and clinicians can update the medical record with at home COVID-19 antigen test results.
- This sets a COVID-19 flag as well updates the patient COVID-19 status in the Storyboard.
- Patients complete the “At Home Antigen COVID-19 Testing Results” questionnaire in MyChart.
- Clinicians enter results in the “At Home COVID-19 Antigen Test” flowsheet.
- Enter SmartPhrase .HOMECOVIDTESTRESULT to pull the information into your note.
- Review the tip sheet here and the blog post here.
Ambulatory: Specialty Referral synonyms added to eConsult orders
Referral synonyms display when ordering specialty eConsults to Neurology, Vascular Surgery, or Rheumatology [Lyme Disease] with the corresponding specialty referral order name and procedure ID.
Ambulatory: Storyboard Update
- All Legal Treatment Orders are identified with the acronym POLST [Provider Orders of Life Sustaining Treatment] and will only display for adults 18 years or older.
- Clicking the POLST link takes you to the Capacity & Advanced Care Planning Navigator [ACP].
- Advanced Directives display above the POLST banner.
- Referring provider is removed. If no PCP is on file, “none” will display.
- View the patients Preferred Lab and hover to discover, if multiple labs are listed.
- See screenshots in the blog post here.
Ambulatory: Allow up to 4 Adult Non-Oncology Therapy Plans
- Due to the increasing quantity of IV infusions and tests, Ambulatory Non-Oncology Adult Infusion, #3 & #4 were added to all therapy plans.
- This addresses a patient safety risk, aligns with pediatrics, and improves disease management.
Ambulatory: Mark your Calendars for the Next Epic Efficiency Series Webinar:
- “Medication Review & Reconciliation in the Ambulatory Setting: What is and what could be”
- When: Wednesday, February 23, 2022, Noon-1 p.m.
- Where: Zoom => “Join with computer audio” using the link: https://jhjhm.zoom.us/j/4107356227
- Qualifies for ONE AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s) TM
Note: CME credit is available for live viewing only. Sessions are recorded and posted on the Mastery Training tile of the Epic Training Portal.
Ambulatory: Telemedicine Hot Topics – States of Emergency Telehealth Services Updates [Data as of 2/1/2022, Noon]
- The National Public Health Emergency [PHE] has been extended to April 16, 2022. Emergency orders/states of emergency have expired in many states, affecting providers’ ability to perform telemedicine visits for out-of-state patients:
- New Jersey: licensure waiver extension until further notice
- New York: licensure waiver extension to 3/1/2022
- Pennsylvania: licensure waiver extension to 3/31/2022
- Virginia: waiver to treat established patients expired on 2/11/2022. No further update.
- Washington, D.C.: licensure waiver extension to August 10, 2022. If you are not vaccinated against COVID-19 you must fill out attestation form here.
- Refer to legal FAQs for information related to individual state waivers and licensing requirements.
- Direct general questions to JHM Telemedicine or legal-specific questions to Telemedicine Legal.
Ambulatory: Interprofessional Telemedicine Education Symposium 2022
- What: “Telemedicine in Primary and Ambulatory Care: Preparing our Healthcare Workforce for the Future of Telemedicine”
- When: March 7, 2022 11:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Where: Learn more and register here.
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.