Inpatient & Ambulatory: Epic is hosting free “Efficiency Hour” Webinars
- These are 1-hour efficiency sessions offered by Epic in Verona, WI (not specific to Johns Hopkins Medicine). They have been very well reviewed by prior attendees.
- CME credit is available through the University of Wisconsin.
- See https://www.epicearth.com/home/efficiencyhour and choose one of several opportunities to attend on the dates below:
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Artifact to Change to Interact [Effective September 22, 2022]
- Iodine Software acquired Artifact Health. Users will see a new logo and name, Interact, on the login screen beginning, September 22nd.
- If you need support, contact “email@example.com”
- Query notification emails are sent to users from ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
- On September 26th, the App Store and Google Play display the new Interact app icon to download on your mobile device.
- Already have the Artifact app downloaded? Please ensure automatic updates are enabled on your mobile device to view the new Interact app.
- The login process and functionality remain the same.
- Click this link for more information: JHM Interact Provider Announcement.pdf
Ambulatory: Mark your Calendars for the Next Epic Efficiency Series Webinar
- “MDPCP & SBIRT (Screening, Brief Interventions, and Referral to Treatment): What you need to know about Brief Interventions and motivational interviewing”
- When: Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 12:00 PM-1:00 PM
- Where: Zoom => “Join with computer audio” using the link: https://jhjhm.zoom.us/j/4107356227
- Qualifies for ONE AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s) TM
Note: CME credit is available for live viewing only. Sessions are recorded and posted on the Mastery Training tile of the Epic Training Portal.
Ambulatory: Referral In Basket Commands Require Attached Referral
- The following In Basket commands are read-only when a selected Referral Triage message does not have an attached referral:
- Jump to Triage
- Additional Orders
- When a referral is not attached to the referral message, the Orders Only button replaces Additional Orders and opens the same activity, but does not require an attached referral.
- Review the blog post here.
Ambulatory: Manually Set Messages to Auto-Advance in Three In Basket Folders
- The Auto-Advance feature has been reverted due to ongoing issues with the functionality:
- When selecting Done, the message will no longer automatically move to the Completed Work folder until the In Basket is refreshed.
- Alternatively, users can manually set messages to automatically move to the next message by selecting the wrench and the Auto-Advance checkbox.
- This applies to the Staff messages, Patient Calls, and the CC Charts folders ONLY.
- Review the blog post here. View a screenshot here.
Ambulatory: New eConsults to Rheumatology & Neurology Neuropathy
- An eConsult is an internal Provider-to-Provider consultation initiated by any provider who submits a specific question to a specialist for chart review and a recommendation.
- eConsults streamline communication between clinicians, increase access to specialty care, and decrease the cost of care for the adult patient and the health system.
- Expanded Rheumatology eConsults include Positive ANA, Gout Management, and Acute Lyme Rash
- Guidance consists of:
- Next steps post positive ANA result with low suspicion of specific rheumatology disease.
- Diagnostic and management advice for acute or chronic gout.
- Recommendations regarding rashes that may be indicative of potentially acute Lyme disease (photo required).
- In addition, Neurology eConsults expanded to include Neuropathy and address post EMG/nerve conduction studies or skin biopsy treatment.
- Review the blog post and eConsult workflow tip sheet here.
- Guidance consists of:
Ambulatory: Potential Changes to CareFirst/BlueCard of BlueCross Blue Shield Coverage
- Johns Hopkins Medicine [JHM] is renegotiating a new contract with CareFirst.
- If an agreement is not reached by December 5, 2022, JHM and JHU providers will be considered “out of network” for our patients, caregivers, faculty, and staff.
- Until negotiations are finalized, please continue to provide the highest quality of clinical care to our patients.
- Here is the How to Handle CareFirst Questions Sent Via In-Basket tip sheet for review.
- Follow-up communication will be forthcoming.
- For additional information and resources click here.
Ambulatory: Telemedicine Hot Topics – States of Emergency Telehealth Services Updates [9/16/2022]
- The Office of Telemedicine launches new training portal for quick access to training videos, tip sheets, and other resources to assist providers and patients.
- Cisco Lunch and Learn Drop-in Sessions to increase efficiency:
|9/21/2022||12:00 – 1:00pm||https://jhjhm.zoom.us/j/97780254528|
|10/5/2022||12:00 – 1:00pm||https://jhjhm.zoom.us/j/97780254528|
|10/19/2022||12:00 – 1:00pm||https://jhjhm.zoom.us/j/97780254528|
- Refer to legal FAQs for information related to individual state waivers and licensing requirements.
- Direct general questions to JHM Telemedicine or legal-specific questions to Telemedicine Legal.
-Juliet Allen, MSN, RN, Business Solutions Analyst, Health IT Optimization & User Wellbeing
COVID-19 Epic Training Portal link