- Volunteer for the Epic Upgrade Pilot
- MyChart Messaging in the Take Action Tab of Telephone/Refill Encounter
- Registration Navigator Transition May Impact Providers
- In Basket “Quick Tips to Save You Clicks”
- Telemedicine Hot Topics – States of Emergency Telehealth Service Updates
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Volunteer for the Epic Upgrade Pilot [Effective February 20, 2023]
- Consider becoming a Pilot Super User! The next Epic Upgrade will go live on June 1, 2023.
- Provide valuable feedback and identify issues to improve workflows before go-live.
- NOTE: Users will be able to toggle between their current view and the upgrade view.
- To volunteer, contact Juliet Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org OR complete and submit the Sign-Up
- Detailed instructions will be provided after access is granted.
- For more information review the Epic – Hyperdrive Basics tip sheet.
Ambulatory: MyChart Messaging in the Take Action Tab of Telephone/Refill Encounter
- The ‘MyChart Msg’ section replaces ‘MyChart Enc’ button in the Take Action tab of a Telephone/Refill encounter.
- This allows MyChart messaging and Telephone/Refill documentation to take place within the same encounter.
- Review the blog post here.
Ambulatory: Registration Navigator Transition May Impact Providers
- What: Redesigned Registration navigator layout with more intuitive user functionality.
- Why: To streamline Access Registration workflows, promote visual consistency across Epic, and improve user experience and efficiency.
- Clinician Impact: Clinicians may notice incremental delays during Patient Registration beginning February 16, 2023 as frontline users adjust to new workflows
- Click One Stop Shop – Registration Navigators Training Checklist for more information on training resources, videos, tips and tricks, & FAQs.
Ambulatory: In Basket “Quick Tips to Save You Clicks”
- Monthly Quick Tips Topic: Patient Medical Advice Requests (PMARs)
- Video Tip of the Week: PMAR: QuickAction Reply to Patient & Provider
- In Case You Missed It:
- For more information, visit the Great Eight website. Questions? Email InBasketQueries@jh.edu.
Ambulatory: Telemedicine Hot Topics – States of Emergency Telehealth Service Updates
- The Public Health Emergency [PHE] has been extended 90 days [through at least May 11, 2023]
- The Office of Telemedicine launched new training portal for quick access to training videos, tip sheets, and other resources to assist providers.
- Refer to the Regional Grid and legal FAQs for information related to individual state waivers and licensing requirements.
- Direct general questions to JHM Telemedicine or legal-specific questions to Telemedicine Legal.
-Juliet Allen, MSN, RN, Business Solutions Analyst, Health IT Optimization & User Wellbeing
For more Epic Upgrade Tips, click here