Inpatient & Ambulatory:
New “Notification Center” Going Live [Effective June 1, 2023] Important Change!!
- Key Points:
- Find In Basket, Secure Chat, and General notifications in one place.
- Choose which 4 In Basket folders appear on the toolbar.
- Secure Chat bubble icon moves from the left => right to the Notification Center.
- General notifications include the following alerts:
- Devices (Heart rate monitors, Nurse call buttons, Bed Alarms, etc.)
- Identity Merge Locks
- Print Job
- Provider Deficiency Warnings
- What's New Messaging
- Kick-start your Epic upgrade now!! Click the icon in your MyCloud apps.
- Review the blog post here along with the tip sheet.
More Upgraded Hyperspace Basics [Effective June 1, 2023]
- Highlights - Upgraded Hyperspace – Go Live Resources
- Updated look to basic navigation tools.
- “Pin it” instead of Wrench it in. Drag and drop replaces the wrench!
- Use Ctrl + F to Find text.
- The Analytics Catalog replaces the Library in My Reports.
- Chart search moves from right => left under the Epic button. Tip: Click <alt> to open the search field.
- Updated Patient Lookup functionality. Pin the “Recent Patients” tab.
- Add media attachments to notes.
Epic is hosting free “Efficiency Hour” Webinars [May 16, 2023 thru June 5, 2023]
- These are 1-hour efficiency sessions offered by Epic in Verona, WI (not specific to Johns Hopkins Medicine).
They have been very well reviewed by prior attendees.
- AMA PRA Category 1 credit and 0.1 CEUs from UPCEA through the University of Wisconsin.
- See https://www.epicearth.com/home/efficiencyhour and choose one of several opportunities to attend the topics below:
- Provider Review Workflows
- Provider Notes and Orders
- Reviewing Patient Information
- Ordering and Preference lists
- Managing Your In Basket
-Juliet Allen, MSN, RN, Business Solutions Analyst, Health IT Optimization & User Wellbeing
For more Epic Upgrade Tips, click here