Tuesday, October 17, Noon-1:30 p.m.
Speakers: Atena Artenie, CCS, CPC-I, CEMC, CEHRS, CHTS-IS, Toya Campbell, CPC, CHC, and Maura McGuire, MD, CPC, FACP
Remote Viewing Link: https://jhjhm.zoom.us/j/4107356227
To ensure optimal listening experience, please choose the “Join with computer audio” option when prompted, if possible. If not, please use info call in info below:
Call in #: 646-558-8656 Meeting ID: 410 735 6227
Smart Phone one tap dial: +16465588656,,4107356227#
Short Description of the Presentation:
Accurate diagnosis code assignment supports the medical necessity for medical services and provides a description of a patient’s medical complexity. ICD-10-CM codes are used for epidemiology, health management, claims processing, as well as a variety of clinical purposes such as developing clinical guidelines. As the healthcare industry shifts to more value-based care programs, diagnosis coding becomes increasingly important. The presentation will discuss the impact that improved diagnosis coding has on patient care and outcomes and review the highlights of the 2024 ICD-10-CM codes and guideline changes.
*Please note: This webinar qualifies for one AAPC CEU. Please only claim 1.5 AAPC CEU credit. If you did not attend one of the completed webinars noted above, you may obtain a CEU for today’s refresher session.
- Discuss the impact that improved diagnosis coding has on patient care and outcomes
- Understand the impact of accurate, complete diagnosis coding on risk adjustment and reimbursement in value-based programs
- Understand how coding and documentation guidelines impact code selection based on clinical documentation
- Become familiar with the new and revised ICD-10-CM Coding Guidelines to select and code appropriately for services performed
- Identify the new, revised, and deleted ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes
Atena Artenie, CCS, CPC-I, CEMC, CEHRS, CHTS-IS has over 15 years in the industry. She previously worked at the University of Maryland – Pediatrics before accepting a position with Johns Hopkins University in 2010 as a Billing and Quality Assurance Compliance Trainer. She is a Certified Professional Coder – instructor and has advanced coding certifications. Her professional experience also includes teaching medical coding at Baltimore Community College and Anne Arundel Medical College as adjunct faculty.
Toya Campbell is the Sr. Director of Compliance & Training for Johns Hopkins Medicine with more than 30 years of combined experience in hospital and physician revenue cycle management, healthcare compliance, and process improvement. As Senior Director, I oversee all aspects of professional fee billing compliance activities for Johns Hopkins Medicine. She is a Certified Professional Coder and she holds a certification in Healthcare Compliance.
Dr. Maura J. McGuire is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Senior Director of Education for the Office of Johns Hopkins Physicians (OJHP) and Johns Hopkins Community Physicians (JHCP).
This webinar qualifies for ONE AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM . Please note CME credit is available for live viewing only. The updated phone number to text for claiming CME credit is (844) 980-1555.
The CME Code will be announced during the webinar.
Please note: you need a CLOUDCME profile to claim CME credit, below are the instructions to create an account:
- Open CloudCME site https://hopkinscme.cloud-cme.com/aph.aspx
- Click on the SIGN UP NOW (yellow) button.
- Complete the form, make sure you put your cell phone number in the proper field.
- Click submit, a minute or so later, you will receive a text message to confirm your profile.
- You are now ready to use the system.