On September 18, groups from Bayview participated in Swim Across America's open water swim in Pasadena to benefit cancer research throughout various organizations including Hopkins' own Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center. Bayview surpassed its fundraising goal and raised a total of $544,700. The Department of Medicine team banned together to raise almost $4,000.
Many thanks to the members of the DOM team:
- Darren Brownlee, division administrator of Clinical Immunology
- Anthony DeAngelo, division administrator of Bayview Internal Medicine
- Rachel DeSantis, division administrator of Geriatrics
- Kirsten Gercke, administrative manager in the Bayview Chairman's Office
- Jill Kearney, administrator of DOM Bayview
- Tiffani Panek, division administrator of CIMS