Since its launch on November 14, Dragon Medical One has stirred up a lot of excitement among clinicians. The voice recognition software now available to physicians and advanced practice providers using Epic across Johns Hopkins Medicine aims to make the chore of entering notes into Epic both faster and easier.
For those of you who have yet to dive into the new software, MNET and other IT support will be available during the following times to help get the microphone app set up on your cell phone:
- Friday, November 30 at Medical Grand Rounds in Hurd Hall from 8:30-10 a.m.
- Walk-in hours Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at 711 N Rutland Ave B101 P
- Monday, December 3:
- JHOC 2140: 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Weinberg 1382: 8:30-10 a.m.
- Viragh 5135: 10:30 a.m.-noon
- Tuesday, December 4:
- JHOC 2140: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Weinberg 1382: 8-9 a.m.
- Viragh 5135: 11 a.m.-noon
- Wednesday, December 5:
- Viragh 5135: 8:30-10 a.m.
- Thursday, December 6:
- Zayed Arcade: 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 7:
- Hurd Hall during Medical Grand Rounds: 8:30-10 a.m.
- JHOC 2092: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Weinberg 1382: 2-3 p.m.
Also sign up for electronic prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) during the above Medical Grand Rounds dates and at the drop in session on Thursday.
“Click, and it just works. Those who know me appreciate I am generally not one to praise technology, nor learn to use it easily.”
-Joseph Cofrancesco, Division of General Internal Medicine
“It is such a weird feeling to leave clinic with encounters closed.”
-James Hamilton, Division of Gastroenterology
“The new Dragon is a GAME CHANGER! It recognizes almost all medical terms and medications that I use. I use the power mic from my phone, and I'm able to easily sync between different work stations. This has dramatically changed my workflow and allows me to increase the quality of my documentation by adding more details in half the time.”
-Nestoras Mathioudakis, Division of Endocrinology
“Just finished my morning clinic and all of my notes were dictated and closed by 1 p.m. This made me JOYFUL!”
-Kim Peairs, Division of General Internal Medicine
For tip sheets and more information about the rollout, click here.