Ambulatory: Oral COVID Antivirals, Paxlovid and Molnupiravir
- COVID antivirals were approved by the EUA for mild-moderate COVID-19 cases. They are for outpatient use only and are limited to a 5-day course of treatment.
- Click the COVID-19 Public Therapeutic Locator to access the national database of antiviral treatment availability hosted by the federal government.
- Review the Blog post here.
Ambulatory: Mark your Calendars for the Next Epic Efficiency Series Webinar:
- “Clean the Clutter - Tidy up preference lists, toolbars, SmartPhrases and more”
- When: Thursday, January 13, 2022, 12:00 PM-1:00 PM
- Where: Zoom => “Join with computer audio” using the link: https://jhjhm.zoom.us/j/4107356227
- Qualifies for ONE AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s) TM
Note: CME credit is available for live viewing only. Sessions are recorded and posted on the Mastery Training tile of the Epic Training Portal.
Ambulatory: Telemedicine Hot Topics – States of Emergency Telehealth Services Expiring [Data as of 1/05/2022, 10 AM]
- The National Public Health Emergency [PHE] has been extended to mid-January 2022. Emergency orders/states of emergency have expired in many states, affecting providers’ ability to perform telemedicine visits for out-of-state patients:
- New Jersey: licensure waiver extension to January 11, 2022
- New York: licensure waiver extension to 1/25/2022
- Pennsylvania: licensure waiver extension to March 31, 2022
- Washington, D.C.: licensure waiver extension to August 10, 2022. Provider must attest that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 here.
- Refer to legal FAQs for information related to individual state waivers and licensing requirements.
- Direct general questions to JHM Telemedicine or legal-specific questions to Telemedicine Legal.
Ambulatory: Telemedicine Hot Topics - Cisco Enhancements [Effective January 10, 2022]
- Cisco Chat & Dial Out Feature video.
- Note: You must log into Cisco to use these features [you will not see these features if you log in as a guest].
- Log in, even if you logged in the day before, by using JHED@jh.edu.
- Reminder: Anyone using an Apple mobile device [clinician or patient] must upgrade to iOS 15.2 for a successful Telemedicine session.
Inpatient: Transfer ‘Signed & Held’ Orders
- Click the Transfer navigator to cancel a transfer order and any associated orders.
- Review the tip sheet here.
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Electronically Prescribing Controlled Substances (EPCS)
- Effective January 1, 2022 ALL controlled substance prescriptions must be submitted electronically. Pharmacies are not allowed to accept printed controlled substance prescriptions.
- If you prescribe controlled substances and are not yet enrolled in EPCS you must:
- Download the Imprivata app from the Google Play or iTunes App store.
- Then register, either in person or remotely, with an EPCS Enrollment Supervisor.
- Find a DOM EPCS Enrollment Supervisors here.
- For complete information on enrollment and how to e-prescribe, review the Electronically Prescribing Controlled Substances – QSG, click here
Inpatient & Ambulatory: Reporting - New SlicerDicer Video
- New SlicerDicer learning tool is posted here on the Epic Training Portal.
- Even though the video walks through a Beaker search, the SlicerDicer workflows apply to any data search.
COVID-19 Epic Training Portal link
For more Epic Tips of the Week, click here.