Started in 2015, the award is presented in recognition of a Johns Hopkins Ambulatory Nurse who has consistently demonstrated the high level of commitment and leadership that was embodied during Dr. Renay Tyler’s tenure.
Award recipients display the values of nursing professionalism, advocacy, patient centeredness, trust, respect and collaboration.
Nomination Deadline: April 30, 2022
- Registered Nurse working in a JHM Ambulatory Care Practice Setting for a minimum of 1 year
- All nursing roles including those that focus on clinical practice, education, research, quality/safety, patient care coordination, and leadership/management are eligible
Criteria for Eligible Nominees
- Highly exceeds expectations within the day to day functions of their Ambulatory Nursing role.
- Demonstrates leadership in improving the quality of care and experience of patients in the Ambulatory setting.
- Uses clinical expertise to advance the scope of nursing practice in the Ambulatory setting. Seeks and encourages others to work at the top of their scope.
- Uses an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Is a role model and mentor for other nurses and clinical support in the Ambulatory setting.
- Demonstrates the highest level of integrity, respect, and collegiality across the interdisciplinary team.
2022 Nomination Process
- Nominations should be submitted to Bryan Barshick (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the nomination form. Include brief narratives regarding the nomination and the qualities of the applicant that should be considered.
- All nominations must be received prior to COB April 30, 2022.
- Nominations will be blinded and independently evaluated/scored.
- The winner will be announced at the 2022 JHM Ambulatory Nursing Conference.