Thank you to everyone who viewed Dr. Anderson's State of the Department address and the opening of Medical Grand Rounds this morning. Your interest and participation in the successes and future of this department are a huge part of what makes it the productive and accomplished department it is.
Thank you and congratulations to the entire Department of Medicine for winning this year's Director's Appreciation Award.
Here are a few highlights:
- Dr. Samuel C. Durso was named the Director of the DOM at JHBMC
- Drs. Daniel Brotman, Flora Kisuule and Anne Marie Lennon were named division directors
- Six faculty members have been put up for promotion on the new Clinical Excellence Promotions Track
- Gail Berkenblit, Brian Garibaldi, Heather Sateia, and Sumeska Thavarajah were selected to be part of the 2020 cohort of the Miller Coulson Academy of Clinical Excellence
- We have begun sending weekly joint grand rounds announcements to include JHBMC, JHH and divisional grand rounds
- Between March – June 2020, PIs in the DOM submitted approximately 400 grant proposals. This is 20 percent more than were submitted March – June 2019.
- Biostatistics, Epidemiology And Data Management (BEAD) Core Updates:
- The productivity in FY20 by the BEAD Core (for grant consultation) surpassed any year to-date since initial funding in FY18 for Department of Medicine faculty and trainees
- All researchers are entitled to 20 hours of free consulting services
- Each trainee is entitled to 20 hours
- Those who receive a grant through BEAD get 20 additional consulting grant bonus hours
- Hours can be pooled if someone isn’t using their allotment
- We had 63 new inventions across 13 DOM divisions last year
- The DOM/WSE Research Retreat will take place virtually on Friday, March 12, 2021
For a recording of the presentation visit our Grand Rounds Mediasite Showcase.
To view the slides:
- Go to the Grand Rounds Mediasite Showcase.
- Click on the video for State of the Department of Medicine | September 11, 2020
- Click play.
- Click the i on the bottom right of the video.
- Click Presentation PDF to view the slides on OneDrive.